I am a photographer, with a background in digital media, marketing and design. I am still available occasionally as a copywriter.
I work with businesses, and as a freelancer for local and international agencies. My services are cost-effective and flexible, with fast turnaround times and impressive results.
I write website content, but also look at the bigger picture. I can help my clients plan, organise and label their content, to boost user experience and SEO rankings.
Most of my copywriting projects relate to websites and the Internet. My services are for:
- web pages, landing pages and blogs
- ecommerce product descriptions
- video and podcast scripts
- social media content
- online advertisements
- emails and newsletters.
As a copywriter, I specialise in the web
Copywriters write for advertising and marketing purposes. I specialise in marketing content for websites, to attract and convert customers. I have an in-depth understanding of online communication, and how it differs from offline communication. I know the style of writing that the web demands.
Internet users have short attention spans, and copywriting should quickly meet their needs. I help and inspire website visitors, to retain their interest and answer their questions. My writing is clear and concise, without fluff or fuss.
I want your content to be well-structured, easy to read, and true to your brand. Many copywriters say they are clever and witty, while I believe great writing is hardly noticed at all.
I love SEO
Search engine optimisation is fundamental to my work as a copywriter. I want readers to love my content, but I also want them to find it.
I am experienced with complex websites, and local SEO for businesses in Adelaide. I provide these services:
- SEO-friendly copywriting – pages and blogs
- metadata – titles, descriptions and tags
- structured data – microdata, RDFa, JSON-LD, schema.org
- naming – images and files
- labelling – categories and tags
- information architecture – planning, mapping and structuring website content.
My professional experience
I have two decades of experience in writing and communications, and have published to the Internet from the very beginning.
I have been a copywriter for small businesses and SEO specialists, but I have also worked as a journalist for Australian Broadcasting Corporation and Fairfax.
The best way to judge a copywriter is by their portfolio, so please view these examples:
- website copywriting for a market research service in Adelaide
- a photographer’s biography, also used as his website’s about page
- blog writing about personal branding
- content for an email newsletter, promoting play in early childhood
- social media content, for an animal welfare organisation
- journalism for Fairfax, about ecommerce websites and small business
- advertising copywriting, for a Google Ads campaign.
How I can help
A copywriter can help your business attract new customers and achieve important marketing goals. I am a multi-skilled and experienced copywriter. I can help you:
- refine your brand, with copywriting that inspires consumer trust and loyalty
- attract new website visitors through Google, by optimising your existing content or creating new pages and blogs
- reach your audience, with a copywriter who understands the culture and idiosyncrasies of Australian target markets
- explain complex ideas using straightforward, easy-to-understand words
- rewrite your own writing, bringing life and purpose to dull content
- save time by hiring a quick and competent professional – instead of struggling to write everything yourself.
If you think we can work well together, I’d love to answer any questions and or provide a fixed quote. Please contact me, and we’ll have a chat.